Ascultă Radio România Actualitaţi Live

2011 “has been a perfect year”

Romanian champion Lucian Bute declared upon returning to Romania that he would like to participate in a unification bout and “shut Carl Froch’s mouth”.

IBF Super-Middleweight champion Lucian Bute. Photo: Cosmin Niculae, Bucureşti FM

Articol de Paul Poteraşi, 12 Noiembrie 2011, 13:07

IBF Super-Middleweight champion Lucian Bute, said that 2011 had been a perfect year for
him, with three victories, and that he was looking forward to the confrontations with his future
opponents.

“I am very happy to return home after a new victory. It has not been an easy match.”

“The Jamaican Glen Johnson is a very good boxer and he knows how to take a blow. I knew
it would be difficult to win by KO, so my plan was to obtain the victory after 12 rounds”, the
Romanian pugilist said at the press conference held at the Henri Coandă International Airport.

Lucian Bute added that for him 2011 had been a perfect year considering his three perfect
performances.

“It is too much and it is quite difficult, both physically and mentally, to have three matches in
a year because you have to prepare for each one of them for three months.”

“It is not easy to stay on training camps for two months and have two trainings a day, six
times a week. I do not know if there will be three matches next year as well. I will have to
settle this with the Interbox again”, IBF Super-Middleweight champion said.

IBF Super-Middleweight champion Lucian Bute. Photograph: Cosmin Niculae, Bucureşti FM.

Concerning his possible future opponent, Lucian Bute said on Friday two names – Andre
Ward and Carl Froch.

“I hope I will be able to participate in a unification bout. I was invited to the match between
Andre Ward and Carl Froch.”

“I want to have a showdown with the winner of this match. Andre Ward relies more on
technique, while Carl Forch is tougher, he knows how to take a blow.”

“I want to meet Carl Froch, to shut his mouth after so many bad statements directed at me”,
the Romanian boxer said.

Lucian Bute successfully defended his IBF title for the ninth time in front of the Jamaican
Glen Johnson at Pepsi Colisee in Quebec, where he obtained a victory by winning the 12-
round match.

31-year-old Lucian Bute has 30 professional wins under his belt, out of which 24 by KO, and

no defeat.

On 9 July, the Romanian pugilist defended his title for the eighth time at Romexpo, when he
defeated in the fourth round the Frenchman Jean-Paul Mendy by knockout.

Sports commentator Adrian Fetecău (lef) and Lucian Bute (centre). Photograph: Cosmin
Niculae, Bucureşti FM.

Translated by: Camelia-Aura Barbu
MA Student, MTTLC, Bucharest University

Parliament's weekly agenda
News in English 31 Martie 2025, 15:34

Parliament's weekly agenda

The legislative proposal on tougher penalties for drivers who get behind the wheel after taking drugs will go before senators...

Parliament's weekly agenda
INFOMama app, health information and services for pregnant women and mothers
News in English 31 Martie 2025, 15:33

INFOMama app, health information and services for pregnant women and mothers

The organization "Save the Children" Romania launches on Tuesday, at the Senate, the mobile application INFOMama,...

INFOMama app, health information and services for pregnant women and mothers
Opening ceremony of the multinational exercise "Sea Shield" in Constanta
News in English 31 Martie 2025, 15:33

Opening ceremony of the multinational exercise "Sea Shield" in Constanta

"Sea Shield 25" includes combat sequences that will test the coordination and response capabilities of the...

Opening ceremony of the multinational exercise "Sea Shield" in Constanta
Ilie Bolojan: Thanks to the NATO shield, Romania has become a safe place
News in English 31 Martie 2025, 04:01

Ilie Bolojan: Thanks to the NATO shield, Romania has become a safe place

Romania will continue to contribute to the promotion of global security and democratic values, interim President Ilie Bolojan...

Ilie Bolojan: Thanks to the NATO shield, Romania has become a safe place
The electoral period for by-elections has started in 19 municipalities
News in English 31 Martie 2025, 03:59

The electoral period for by-elections has started in 19 municipalities

The electoral period for the by-elections that will be organized in 19 localities in 14 counties of the country on May 4, on...

The electoral period for by-elections has started in 19 municipalities
Land and property owners will be able to get their registry extracts online for free
News in English 31 Martie 2025, 03:58

Land and property owners will be able to get their registry extracts online for free

Owners of land and real estate will be able to get their land register extracts free of charge at the land registry counter...

Land and property owners will be able to get their registry extracts online for free
Internship at the Romanian Government
News in English 29 Martie 2025, 20:52

Internship at the Romanian Government

Young people interested in how public administration works can apply for a new edition of the internship program at the...

Internship at the Romanian Government
If the current majority coalition remains on the defensive, it will make a serious mistake, says Prime Minister Marcel Ciolacu
News in English 29 Martie 2025, 20:51

If the current majority coalition remains on the defensive, it will make a serious mistake, says Prime Minister Marcel Ciolacu

If the current majority coalition will remain on the defensive, it will make a serious mistake, says Prime Minister Marcel...

If the current majority coalition remains on the defensive, it will make a serious mistake, says Prime Minister Marcel Ciolacu