Ascultă Radio România Actualitaţi Live

The Constitutional Court "will meet on August 14th"

The Constitutional Court of Romania would meet next Tuesday in order to clarify matters arisen in the recent period.

The Constitutional Court "will meet on August 14th"

Articol de Beatrice Brăileanu, 12 August 2012, 10:20

Three CCR judges have requested the meeting of the plenary Court in order to clarify the situation related to the publication of an errata relating to the decision from last week.

The Constitutional Court of Romania would meet next Tuesday in order to clarify matters arisen in the recent period, the judicial sources said, quoted by the Radio Romania editor, Mădălina Verman.

Three CCR judges have requested the meeting of the plenary Court in order to clarify the situation related to the publication of an errata relating to the decision from last week, given that they have not been consulted.

In the meeting from August 2nd, the Constitutional Court has asked the Government that till August 31 to send updated permanent electoral lists on the basis of which took place the referendum from July 29.

Subsequently, on August 6th, the Chairman of the Constitutional Court has sent a new address to the Government in which he indicates the requested permanent electoral registers, updated according to the 3rd Law since 2000 on the referendum and the lists under which it was held the popular consultation on July 29.

The Court holds that it took those details having in view various interpretations arising in the mass-media and in a press conference of the Government and in which it has talked about the updating lists of voters and not about the updated permanent electoral lists after the referendum.

Initially, the time limit laid down for examining the procedure compliance for the organization and the conduct of the referendum was set to September 12.

Subsequently, the CCR announced that the established time was decided to exchange from September 12 to August 31, in order to ensure the settlement of expeditiously of the cause with which it was vested in the Court.

“I do not take into account the RCC errata”

The delegate Minister to the Management Board, Radu Stroe, said on Friday that, according to Mediafax, the Constitutional Court errata, sent to the Government in August 6th, is a fake, saying that, through this, “the citizen Traian Băsescu” succeeded in throwing in derisory of CC.

“At least the last adventure, I personally put it to the citizen Traian Băsescu, has succeeded in throwing in the derisory of the Constitutional Court through the second document, that errata that is a fake in the establishment of the Constitutional Court”, Radu Stroe said, referring to the address sent to Government by the Constitutional Court on August 6th.

Radu Stroe said that MAI will not take into account this second document of the Constitutional Court because it does not consider a decision of the plenum of the CC, but "a phrase, an addition, an errata".

The delegate Minister to the Management Board, Radu Stroe, pointed out that the permanent electoral lists are checked, as the Constitutional Court instructed, and the authorities are obliged to give accurate data as possible and to assist the Court to decide.


Translated by Anamaria Petrache
MTTLC, Bucharest University

Etichete : ccr court judges
Parliament's weekly agenda
News in English 31 Martie 2025, 15:34

Parliament's weekly agenda

The legislative proposal on tougher penalties for drivers who get behind the wheel after taking drugs will go before senators...

Parliament's weekly agenda
INFOMama app, health information and services for pregnant women and mothers
News in English 31 Martie 2025, 15:33

INFOMama app, health information and services for pregnant women and mothers

The organization "Save the Children" Romania launches on Tuesday, at the Senate, the mobile application INFOMama,...

INFOMama app, health information and services for pregnant women and mothers
Opening ceremony of the multinational exercise "Sea Shield" in Constanta
News in English 31 Martie 2025, 15:33

Opening ceremony of the multinational exercise "Sea Shield" in Constanta

"Sea Shield 25" includes combat sequences that will test the coordination and response capabilities of the...

Opening ceremony of the multinational exercise "Sea Shield" in Constanta
Ilie Bolojan: Thanks to the NATO shield, Romania has become a safe place
News in English 31 Martie 2025, 04:01

Ilie Bolojan: Thanks to the NATO shield, Romania has become a safe place

Romania will continue to contribute to the promotion of global security and democratic values, interim President Ilie Bolojan...

Ilie Bolojan: Thanks to the NATO shield, Romania has become a safe place
The electoral period for by-elections has started in 19 municipalities
News in English 31 Martie 2025, 03:59

The electoral period for by-elections has started in 19 municipalities

The electoral period for the by-elections that will be organized in 19 localities in 14 counties of the country on May 4, on...

The electoral period for by-elections has started in 19 municipalities
Land and property owners will be able to get their registry extracts online for free
News in English 31 Martie 2025, 03:58

Land and property owners will be able to get their registry extracts online for free

Owners of land and real estate will be able to get their land register extracts free of charge at the land registry counter...

Land and property owners will be able to get their registry extracts online for free
Internship at the Romanian Government
News in English 29 Martie 2025, 20:52

Internship at the Romanian Government

Young people interested in how public administration works can apply for a new edition of the internship program at the...

Internship at the Romanian Government
If the current majority coalition remains on the defensive, it will make a serious mistake, says Prime Minister Marcel Ciolacu
News in English 29 Martie 2025, 20:51

If the current majority coalition remains on the defensive, it will make a serious mistake, says Prime Minister Marcel Ciolacu

If the current majority coalition will remain on the defensive, it will make a serious mistake, says Prime Minister Marcel...

If the current majority coalition remains on the defensive, it will make a serious mistake, says Prime Minister Marcel Ciolacu