Ascultă Radio România Actualitaţi Live

Protests from Oltchim "have ended"

More than 300 employees from Oltchim who protested during the morning in the Court of Appeal gave up the protests, after talks with representatives of the management.

Protests from Oltchim "have ended"

Articol de Sorin Solomon, 15 Noiembrie 2012, 10:03

Oltchim employees, who have expressed dissatisfaction with the failure to pay salary arrears, have received assurances from the state that the activity will be resumed and that they will receive the money, informs our correspondent, Radio Romania Actualitati , Ana Maria Carstea.

Employees gave the protests, after more than two hours of talks with Oltchim representatives.

This was due to the guarantees given by the company for the granting of the for the months of September and October, the first money to be received today.

The only ones who have not given up, however, so far, the protests are those six in the hunger strike, they argue that still more waiting for Prime Minister Victor Ponta to come here and sit at the discussion with them.

However, the latter will argue that discussions to see if they will give up the hunger strike or not given and the incident in the morning, when one of the latter suffered a bout of hypoglycemia.

Further it should be noted that those in leadership have said that the company has signed a memorandum of understanding with the banks.

Through his would be make the 20 million euros to finance the production of Oltchim.

Also, the company estimated that by December production at Oltchim will operate at 65 percent of capacity by restarting of certain installations.

The situation at Oltchim, analyzed at the Government meeting

The Economy Minister, Daniel Chiţoiu, assured that until Thursday will be paid outstanding wages for September.

He also announced the program for restarting the three wards of the plant , informs the Radio Romania Actualitati Petruţa Obrejan.

Employees at Oltchim will get tomorrow's September wages, said the Economy Minister, Daniel Chiţoiu even at the beginning of the Government sitting, and until Monday will be restarted as early as three other sections.

"We, in the negotiations held under the coordination of the Deputy with great credit banks can provide financing in the period immediately following the restart of Oltchim, following at the late November-early December to assure payment of arrears and on October, until then, resulting in money from the first cycle of manufacture," says Daniel Chiţoiu.

According to Minister of Economy, until mid-December you want Oltchim to reach a production capacity of 65 per cent .


Translated by
Denisse-Meda Bucura

Less than a month after taking office, the Bolojan government faces its first motion of no confidence
News in English 14 Iulie 2025, 11:28

Less than a month after taking office, the Bolojan government faces its first motion of no confidence

The opposition parties AUR, SOS, and POT are trying to block the austerity measures taken by the executive to reduce the...

Less than a month after taking office, the Bolojan government faces its first motion of no confidence
Romanian president discusses measures to reduce budget deficit
News in English 14 Iulie 2025, 11:27

Romanian president discusses measures to reduce budget deficit

President Nicusor Dan is holding a press conference in which he is expected to give his opinion on the first package of...

Romanian president discusses measures to reduce budget deficit
Students in Bacau protested against cuts to school scholarship funds
News in English 11 Iulie 2025, 21:05

Students in Bacau protested against cuts to school scholarship funds

A protest took place in the center of Bacau, with several dozen students expressing their dissatisfaction with the...

Students in Bacau protested against cuts to school scholarship funds
Romanians criticize the fiscal measures taken by the Bolojan government
News in English 11 Iulie 2025, 21:04

Romanians criticize the fiscal measures taken by the Bolojan government

The economic measures taken by the government led by Ilie Bolojan are considered unjustified and unnecessary by 35% of...

Romanians criticize the fiscal measures taken by the Bolojan government
The motion of censure initiated by AUR, presented in the plenary session of Parliament
News in English 10 Iulie 2025, 15:56

The motion of censure initiated by AUR, presented in the plenary session of Parliament

The motion of censure filed by AUR parliamentarians against the executive, entitled "They ruined the country and now...

The motion of censure initiated by AUR, presented in the plenary session of Parliament
Two Ukrainians who arrived in the Maramures Mountains requested assistance from Romanian authorities
News in English 10 Iulie 2025, 15:55

Two Ukrainians who arrived in the Maramures Mountains requested assistance from Romanian authorities

Two Ukrainian citizens, who crossed the border into Romania through the Maramures Mountains, requested assistance from...

Two Ukrainians who arrived in the Maramures Mountains requested assistance from Romanian authorities
AUR has gathered the necessary number of signatures to submit a motion of no confidence
News in English 09 Iulie 2025, 18:33

AUR has gathered the necessary number of signatures to submit a motion of no confidence

AUR representatives announce that they have managed to gather the necessary number of signatures to submit a motion of no...

AUR has gathered the necessary number of signatures to submit a motion of no confidence
Prime Minister asks publicly funded institutions to reduce foreign travel
News in English 09 Iulie 2025, 18:31

Prime Minister asks publicly funded institutions to reduce foreign travel

Prime Minister Ilie Bolojan has asked ministries and subordinate institutions to reduce foreign travel in order to make the...

Prime Minister asks publicly funded institutions to reduce foreign travel