Ascultă Radio România Actualitaţi Live

Preparatory class remains compulsory for six year children

Minister of Education, Remus Pricopie, announced that the next school year within the preparatory class will teach only qualified teachers for primary education.

Preparatory class remains compulsory for six year  children
Photo: Archive.

Articol de Radu Şarpe, 01 Februarie 2013, 09:21

Preparatory class remains compulsory for six year children.

Minister of Education, Remus Pricopie , said after a government meeting Wednesday and after the agreement signed in the morning with union federations of industry and representatives of parents, that it will be given a greater attention to organization of this system.

Ministry of Education will ask for the views of parents and decide then where prospective students will work.

"Parents will be required in the next two months, I decided as deadline March the 31st, will be asked about how we should consider the class to be organized.

"After that, schools, school inspectorates, following the dialogue with local authorities, will try to see to what extent these views of parents can be satisfied," said Remus Pricopie.

Remus Pricopie also announced that the next school year within the preparatory class will teach only qualified teachers for primary education, although some students will go to kindergarten premises and others in schools.

Former Minister of Education, Daniel Funeriu, the one who developed the current law, considers that the decisions announced Wednesday by current ministerial team does not change how the zero class was conducted before.

He believes that all the lately "The decision taken Wednesday validates the choices we have made in my office. Basically, nothing changes from last year and is very good.

"It's a shame though the government and the ministry gave unclear messages, scaring again the parents," said Daniel Funeriu.

According to statistics from the ministry of education, currently there are 203,371 students in class I and 129,756 pupils in preparatory class.

However, in the older group in kindergarten there are 210,867 children.

Translated by Alexandra-Diana Mircea
MTTLC, Bucharest University

Traffic resumed on all sections of the A0, A1, A3 and A7 motorways
News in English 18 Februarie 2026, 17:33

Traffic resumed on all sections of the A0, A1, A3 and A7 motorways

The improvement in weather conditions and the intervention of snow removal equipment led to the resumption of traffic on all...

Traffic resumed on all sections of the A0, A1, A3 and A7 motorways
Defense Minister does not agree with a possible elimination of the food norm for soldiers
News in English 17 Februarie 2026, 19:50

Defense Minister does not agree with a possible elimination of the food norm for soldiers

The Minister of National Defense, Radu Miruta, stated that he does not support a possible elimination of the food norm for...

Defense Minister does not agree with a possible elimination of the food norm for soldiers
Nicusor Dan: Postponing the decision on magistrates' pensions has affected the image of the state and the Constitutional Court
News in English 17 Februarie 2026, 19:49

Nicusor Dan: Postponing the decision on magistrates' pensions has affected the image of the state and the Constitutional Court

President Nicusor Dan declared on Radio Romania News that the repeated postponement of a decision on magistrates'...

Nicusor Dan: Postponing the decision on magistrates' pensions has affected the image of the state and the Constitutional Court
Save the Children Romania: The worst vaccination crisis in decades
News in English 16 Februarie 2026, 16:58

Save the Children Romania: The worst vaccination crisis in decades

Romania is facing the worst vaccination crisis in decades. The MMR vaccination rate, against measles, mumps and rubella, has...

Save the Children Romania: The worst vaccination crisis in decades
Governing coalition meeting at Victoria Palace
News in English 16 Februarie 2026, 16:58

Governing coalition meeting at Victoria Palace

The governing coalition meeting has begun at Victoria Palace. The meeting is taking place after a long break and is expected...

Governing coalition meeting at Victoria Palace
Clay figurine, over 7.500 years old, discovered near Sfantu Gheorghe
News in English 15 Februarie 2026, 19:05

Clay figurine, over 7.500 years old, discovered near Sfantu Gheorghe

A female clay figurine, over 7.500 years old, was recently discovered near the municipality of Sfantu Gheorghe....

Clay figurine, over 7.500 years old, discovered near Sfantu Gheorghe
Defense Minister Discusses Strengthening NATO's Eastern Flank with NATO Secretary General
News in English 15 Februarie 2026, 19:04

Defense Minister Discusses Strengthening NATO's Eastern Flank with NATO Secretary General

Defense Minister Radu Miruta announced today on Facebook that he discussed with NATO Secretary General Mark Rutte about...

Defense Minister Discusses Strengthening NATO's Eastern Flank with NATO Secretary General
Fitch maintains Romania's rating at BBB-, with a negative outlook
News in English 14 Februarie 2026, 18:39

Fitch maintains Romania's rating at BBB-, with a negative outlook

Fitch maintains Romania's sovereign rating at BBB- with a negative outlook. According to the agency's analysts, the...

Fitch maintains Romania's rating at BBB-, with a negative outlook

Radio România

Liga Campionilor: Inter Milano, antrenată de Cristi Chivu, învinsă cu 3-1 de Bodo/Glimt

Liga Campionilor: Inter Milano, antrenată de Cristi Chivu, învinsă cu 3-1 de Bodo/Glimt

Liga Campionilor: Inter Milano, antrenată de Cristi Chivu, învinsă cu 3-1 de Bodo/Glimt
Tenis feminin: Sorana Cîrstea, eliminată în optimile turneului de la Dubai

Tenis feminin: Sorana Cîrstea, eliminată în optimile turneului de la Dubai

Tenis feminin: Sorana Cîrstea, eliminată în optimile turneului de la Dubai
BUCUREȘTI: Adolescentă spitalizată după ce s-a electrocutat pe o stradă

BUCUREȘTI: Adolescentă spitalizată după ce s-a electrocutat pe o stradă

BUCUREȘTI: Adolescentă spitalizată după ce s-a electrocutat pe o stradă
SPANIA: Hacker arestat, după ce s-a cazat în hoteluri de lux plătind un cent pe noapte

SPANIA: Hacker arestat, după ce s-a cazat în hoteluri de lux plătind un cent pe noapte

SPANIA: Hacker arestat, după ce s-a cazat în hoteluri de lux plătind un cent pe noapte